Monday, December 14, 2009

Ok so I have never done a blog before. Never thought I would, but alas here I am. This blog is primarily a journal for me. (Read my run-on sentences, bad grammar, and incessant ramblings if you wish.)
I am currently training to run a half marathon. I am going to keep log on this page of what I do daily to hold myself accountable. .....With that thought maybe I should keep track of my blood sugars too. (Told you this would be full of incessant ramblings.) Welcome to the brain of Margaret Shippey.

Today I ran three miles at a pace of 10:22 per mile. I am working on endurance instead of speed. (Keep in mind the tortoise did when the race.)
You may wonder why I am training to run???.....It is to see how disciplined I can make my monkey mind. There is an

Now on to blood sugars: Yikes. Today was a little up and down. Not feeling so great.
Note: These numbers probably won't make sense unless your name is or you have type 1 diabetes.
311
438
315
88
Gross. I am almost embarrassed to put this up for public viewing. I need to get better control.
I have a doctor's appointment at the Naomi Berri Diabetes Clinic at Columbia University. Hopefully my new doctor will be able to give me some great tips on managing my insulin pump and blood sugar levels!

Today I spent some time in the Upper East side. I had planned to have my art day by visiting the MET, but I forgot that it is closed on Mondays. :(
So instead I spent some time walking in Central Park, and reading a play called Sin by Wendy Macleod. (With my starbucks coffee of course....worst addiction ever)I ended my day by having an early dinner at my friend Aline's apartment in Astoria.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment