Sunday, December 20, 2009

I like to Chocolat

Well today was quite the adventure. It started with a trip to the salon to color my hair. What color did I go? You will just have to wait until you see me next time. Which will probably be long after I have changed it for the tenth million time. So in other words, you will never know. ;) I'll tell you this much, it's in the hot family. Wah, Wah, Wah.

Now to the big event of the day! NYC received lots of snow Sunday Night! The first snowfall is absolutely breath taking. The streets were completely quite, and I felt like I had the city to myself. That is, until I got smacked with a snowball by my friend Alice.
It is possibly the most snow I have ever seen in my entire life! The roads were completely white, the sidewalk was filled with snow, and it was the first true feeling of Christmas for me. So what should one do on a coooooold snowy day?! A Chocolate Crawl.

Now, I had absolutely no idea what a Chocolate Crawl entailed. (For those of you who know me it doesn't take much convincing to get me to go somewhere.) Just tell me when and where and I'll be there! It could be anything from a Carnality Ball to simply watching C.N.N in your apartment. As long as it is an adventure I am up for the excursion.

The Chocolate Crawl is organized by a non profit group called NYC Food Crawl. Every month the group hosts free monthly food events around the city. The excursion started at 3:00 this afternoon where a group of approximately 50 people met in Washington Square Park to try out different Hot chocolate shops around the city!!! The representative handed out a sheet with 6 shops for us to visit and rate the hot chocolate on a scale from 1-5. We were placed into groups of 6-8 and sent on our way!!!

My group consisted of my friend Alice, her friend Corrine, two girls from Michigan, and last but not least, Melissa. A famous cupcake blogging, chocolate loving, sugar fiend, from none other than Sugarland, Texas. Now what are the odds that a type 1 would get paired with a girl who is completely obsessed with sweets? Too good for words. Melissa works in Public relations with a company whose focus is in Chocolate. Needless to say she took charge of our group. I decided for the sake of keeping Melissa from having a heart attack, I would keep the fact that I have type 1 my little secret. ( I don't think that she could comprehend not having endless amounts of sugar day in and day out.) I had a single sip from each of the four places we visited, really watching my chocolate/sugar intake. This way I could keep my blood sugars in check and still enjoying the finer things in life. A win, win in my opinion. To conclude, the real reason I went on the excursion was to meet new people and see different parts of the city. I love New York City for that very reason. Happy Holidays everyone. I hope your break is as Sweeeeet as mine.

"Life is like a box of Chocolate- you never know what you're going to get."


3 comments:

  1. Please excuse my silly grammar mistakes.quiet, not quite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time! I wish these blogs would tell me via e-mail when you post. Maybe there's a setting. I'm so behind!

    ReplyDelete