Friday, December 18, 2009

Give it up for Churchill

I just want to take a brief moment to share my love for Winston Churchill.
I know it is bizarre, but every time I think of him I cannot help but to giggle.
My father once told me a little story about Churchill when he was taking me to school one day.
It goes something like this:
A nagging female by the name of Bessie Braddock says to Churchill, “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill replies with“Madam, you are ugly, and in the morning, I shall be sober.”
What a dry since of humor. I could have married this man.

Now for a more inspirational quote:
"If you are going to go through hell, keep going."

My personal favorite and the one that I am going to make my motto from here on out is:
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
I feel that I am constantly failing, however that enthusiasm in my failings might just be the success I am looking for.

I won't blog everyday, but I was feeling the love. Have a goodnight, drink wine, be merry, and last but not least, I hope that when you wake up you will be both sober and pretty.


1 comment:

  1. "I feel that I am constantly failing, however that enthusiasm in my failings might just be the success I am looking for." Margaret Shippey, you are infinitely inspiring. I started a blog because of you, even though I only have one post (maybe do one tonight), and I think about you all the time. We are overdue for a phone date my dear, so I will call you in the next few days. Much love.

    ReplyDelete